MED HTD VERNIER BELT DRIVE KIT (convert timing chain to belt)
($587.18 †) In stock
MED00001- MED HTD VERNIER BELT DRIVE KIT (convert timing chain to belt)
After many years of problems with the old square tooth belt, MED have completely reengineered a new bespoke vernier belt drive kit.
New features include;
- The old problematic flat toothed timing belt is replaced with the latest HTD ‘High Torque Drive’ motorsport round tooth form belt for ultimate reliability.
- Both crankshaft and camshaft pulleys are of a new design complete with fully adjustable vernier cam pulley. The crankshaft pulley now has a larger outside diameter to retain rigidity along the key way and resist cracks.
- The main housing is CNC machined from billet alloy and has internal breather holes drilled to relieve crankcase pressure helping to prevent oil leaks in this area.
- Another enhancement is the large diameter idler tensioner which runs on a pair of sealed bearings, this allows the belt to be tensioned to allow for the backlash in the belt to be removed – giving perfect cam timing on and off the throttle.
- A mounting boss is also machined into the main housing and a pipe adaptor is supplied for a breather connection.
- The main housing now incorporates the original steel engine plate as part of the housing further reducing weight.
- The front covers are radially split and stepped to enable access to camshaft timing without removal of the crankshaft pulley.
- Mounting holes for the pickup bracket for use with engine management are drilled and tapped. **bracket and pickup not included**